Abbot’s Way provides a safe, child - led and child - focused environment, where students are heard and, more importantly, listened to.
Their thoughts, views and feelings are respected and self-esteem is a focus.
All students have clear, effective channels of communication and there are varied opportunities for students to be instrumental in the running and development of their school.
- Our ‘Learn 2 Lead’ programme enables students to captain and champion specific areas of their school.
- Our Anti-Bullying Scheme follows that offered by the Princess Diana Trust.
It offers students the opportunity to train as ambassadors and support peers needing to pass on concerns or worries. They link with trained staff to be, in turn, supported in their ambassador role.
courage...empathy...problem solving... resilience
- Our Student Council promotes the ideas and views of our student body, via representatives who meet at least half termly to discuss plans and thoughts around school development and events. Councillors take the lead on implementation of and support for initiatives within our school.
- Our Independent ‘Listener’ from our local community, is someone whom the students can contact confidentially if they wish to talk to an ear from outside of our school.
- Our Eco Committee promotes the environment and care for it, driving our mission to achieve Eco Schools’ status by meeting regularly to discuss improvements and how to implement them.