Abbot’s Way aims to provide a safe, child - led and child - focused environment, where students are heard and, more importantly, listened to.
Their thoughts, views and feelings are respected and self-esteem is a focus.
All students will have clear, effective channels of communication and there will be varied opportunities for students to be instrumental in the running and development of their school.
- Our ‘Learn 2 Lead’ programme will enable students to captain and champion specific areas of their school.
- Our Anti-Bullying Scheme will follow that offered by the Princess Diana Trust.
It will offer students the opportunity to train as ambassadors and support peers needing to pass on concerns or worries. They will link with trained staff to be, in turn, supported in their ambassador role.
courage...empathy...problem solving... resilience
- Our Student Council will promote the ideas and views of our student body, via representatives who will meet at least half termly to discuss plans and thoughts around school development and events. Councillors will take the lead on implementation of and support for initiatives within our school.
- Our Independent ‘Listener’ from our local community, will be someone whom the students can contact confidentially if they wish to talk to an ear from outside of our school
- Our Eco Committee will promote the environment and care for it, driving our mission to achieve Eco Schools’ status by meeting regularly to discuss improvements and how to implement them