At Abbot's Way we welcome children at any age between 7 -16 yrs who have a primary diagnosis of dyslexia, dyspraxia and / or dyscalculia
- Up to date Educational Psychologist’s report
- Speech and Language & Occupational Therapy reports where relevant
- Current school reports
Invitation to visit Abbot's Way and meet the team
- Chance for a tour of our school and to hear more about what we do and how we do it
- Mutual opportunity to get an initial feel for whether Abbot's Way is the right place for your child
Invitation for a Taster
- An opportunity for your child to experience life at Abbot's Way; a week or so being part of our school and getting a flavour for what we do
- Establish whether a place is suitable for your child, from your perspective and ours
Offer of a place
- Liaison with local authorities where relevant
- Ongoing communication with parents and professionals to support a suitable transition for your child into Abbot's Way
- Students will be welcomed and carefully transitioned into whichever learning chapter they are entering.
- Our Senco will set up a child’s IEP on entry based on professional paperwork received through admissions. This is a dynamic document which is updated ongoing as necessary to reflect the child’s profile and appropriate support.
- Tutors provide the first port of call for parent communication and for coordination of a child’s whole school experience at Abbot’s Way.
Initial review meeting
At 12 weeks into a placement there is a meeting to review settling and progress. This usually involves parents, student and key staff and ensures a mutual evaluation of the placement to date.
The best way to find out more about our special education environment is to visit us.
You can request a copy of our prospectus by completing our enquiry form.